We get so caught up in our lives. In the traumatic turns and events that happen around us, and to us. For those who are in the midst of these tragic events (Oklahoma) it feels like there is no looking outside of this immediate loss and pain. But we must try. We must hold on to hope and remain grateful for the many blessings that still surround us.
Our health and safety are things that we sometimes take for granted but for some these are things that are the main focal point today.
As I try to focus on the beauty of the world and contemplate what I am thankful for today, here are a few simple things that cross my mind….
The joys of springtime:
- The scent of fresh, blooming, magnolia blossoms (the big, fat, white ones in Texas).
- A vibrant, cobalt, blue sky, without a cloud around for days.
- Birds chirping happily, as they flit from tree to tree (after the long, Swedish winter).
- New, bright, green buds forming on trees and bushes.
- Soft, feathery breezes.
- Lying on a picnic blanket while gazing up at the sky.
- A refreshing glass of bubbly champagne.
- Berries and whipped cream.
- Rhubarb anything.
- Daylight that stretches into the nighttime.
My list could go on and on….
What are some of the things that give you joy in the springtime?